To access the AOS website for the first time, Enter your email address in the username box (usernames aren't case specific) and click forgot password? This will open a box asking for your email address of record (the one you have given to the AOS) . Enter it and click Find.
The answer to the security question "What is your favorite Orchid?" is Cattleya. Enter that in the answer box and then type in the numbers and letters displayed below it. This security feature is case sensitive.; Click Reset password. Your password will be emailed to the email address you entered.
After you receive your password...
- Go to the homepage and click the login button.
- Enter your email address as your username. The username field is NOT case sensitive so all lower case or any combination of lower and upper will work.
- Enter the password you just received in the password box. The password IS case sensitive so be sure to enter it exactly as it appears.
- Click the login button.
- Once logged in, click the Edit Profile button and then the Account tab on the following screen. This will take you to a page to change the password to something you will remember and change your security question should you wish to do so.
- Enter the password you just used in the Current Password box (remember case sensitive).
- Enter in the "new password" box what you want for a new password. At this point there are no restrictions so it can be all numbers, all letters, or any combination. But remember it IS case sensitive. When you enter the new password a message in red will pop up next to the confirm password box that the new password and confirmation don't match. You can ignore that. Since you haven't put anything in the confirm box what's there doesn't match the new password.
- Enter the new password in the Confirm Password box and click Change Password. You'll get a message in blue that says "password successfully changed." While you are there, should you wish, you can change the security question and answer in case you forget your password.
- Click the little down arrow to the right of the security question box. A pulldown will open with three questions. Move your cursor to one of them and click.
10. Enter the answer to the security question that you've chosen and click the Change Question button.
- You'll get a message in blue that says something to the effect "security question successfully changed".
At this point you'll be all set. Just click the aos.org link in the upper header and you'll return to the homepage logged in.
For future reference, this new website allows the member to change all contact information (address, email, phone, etc.). Should you need to do so, log in and click Edit Profile. That takes you to a screen with your name, address, email, etc. You simply edit the appropriate boxes and update. Once finished, click the aos.org link in the header and you'll return to the homepage