To access the AOS website for the first time, Enter your email address in the username box (usernames aren't case specific) and click forgot password? This will open a box asking for your email address of record (the one you have given to the AOS) . Enter it and click Find.
The answer to the security question "What is your favorite Orchid?" is Cattleya. Enter that in the answer box and then type in the numbers and letters displayed below it. This security feature is case sensitive.; Click Reset password. Your password will be emailed to the email address you entered.
After you receive your password...
- Go to the homepage and click the login button.
- Enter your email address as your username. The username field is NOT case sensitive so all lower case or any combination of lower and upper will work.
- Enter the password you just received in the password box. The password IS case sensitive so be sure to enter it exactly as it appears.
- Click the login button.
- Once logged in, click the Edit Profile button and then the Account tab on the following screen. This will take you to a page to change the password to something you will remember and change your security question should you wish to do so.
- Enter the password you just used in the Current Password box (remember case sensitive).
- Enter in the "new password" box what you want for a new password. At this point there are no restrictions so it can be all numbers, all letters, or any combination. But remember it IS case sensitive. When you enter the new password a message in red will pop up next to the confirm password box that the new password and confirmation don't match. You can ignore that. Since you haven't put anything in the confirm box what's there doesn't match the new password.
- Enter the new password in the Confirm Password box and click Change Password. You'll get a message in blue that says "password successfully changed." While you are there, should you wish, you can change the security question and answer in case you forget your password.
- Click the little down arrow to the right of the security question box. A pulldown will open with three questions. Move your cursor to one of them and click.
10. Enter the answer to the security question that you've chosen and click the Change Question button.
- You'll get a message in blue that says something to the effect "security question successfully changed".
At this point you'll be all set. Just click the aos.org link in the upper header and you'll return to the homepage logged in.
For future reference, this new website allows the member to change all contact information (address, email, phone, etc.). Should you need to do so, log in and click Edit Profile. That takes you to a screen with your name, address, email, etc. You simply edit the appropriate boxes and update. Once finished, click the aos.org link in the header and you'll return to the homepage
The Benefits Of Membership
If you are not already a member, membership in
the American Orchid Society is a truly rewarding experience. Whether a beginner or an expert orchid grower you will find information to inform and inspire in both our print and on-line media.
Join others worldwide who share a passion for orchids, as well as supporting AOS
conservation and research efforts for these wondrous plants.
Join today and begin receiving a
wealth of membership benefits including:
- TWELVE issues of award-winning ORCHIDS magazine
- Electronic edition or ORCHIDS magazine, available to members from any computer
- Access to reliable on-line orchid information and features available only to our
members at www.aos.org
- Receive the annual Orchid Source Directory detailing orchid suppliers worldwide
- Free and discounted admission to more than 200 botanical gardens and arboreta
- 10% discount on purchases on-line at www.aos.org
including discount on back issues of ORCHIDS magazine and on American Orchid Society
(Digital and Print)
|Canada and Mexico
(Digital and Print)***
|All Other Countries
(Digital and Print)***
|Individual, one year
|Individual, two years
|Joint, one year*
|Joint, two years*
|Student, one year**
|Student, two years**
* Joint membership is for two individuals residing at the same address and includes only one subscription to the monthly magazine, Orchids.
** Student members must be in high school or enrolled at an accredited college or university. Valid student ID required at time of application.
*** Additional cost covers priority delivery of the print magazine. NOTE: For U.S. Destination ONLY, First Class Mail is available for an additional $30.00 per year.
The following vendors extend AOS members a 5% discount on all purchases as an
added benefit of membership:
Exotic Orchids of Maui, Krull-Smith, Orchid Doctor, Orchid Inn, Ltd, Seagrove Orchids, Sunset Valley
Orchids, and Woodstream Orchids.
Two-year new memberships and
renewals for two-years receive, mailed from AOS headquarters, a special coupon
worth $30 off of an order of $100 or more from your choice of one of the
Carmela Orchids, Carter & Holmes, Exotic Orchids of Maui, Gold Country
Gardening Supplies (IGS), Kelley's
Korner Orchid Supplies, Krull-Smith,Little Brook Orchids, Marsh Hollow Orchids, Mountain View
Orchids, New Earth
Orchids, OFE International
, Orchid Doctor,
Orchid Inn Ltd., Piping Rock Orchids,
Quest Orchids, RF Orchids, Ravenvision, Roberts Flower Supply, Soroa Orchids, Inc., Sunset Valley
Orchids, Tropical Gardens
Make an Impact Today!
send email to: email@example.com
Here is a video showing how to use the social component of www.aos.org. Choose your choice of media player.
º Adobe Flash
º Windows Media Player
º Apple QuickTime
Tips for the digital edition of ORCHIDS magazine
It is portable
On the page where you access the digital magazine there is a tool bar in the upper right hand corner.
Click on the icon highlighted above for instructions on how to download the digital copy.
Click on the icon shown highlighted below for instructions on how to access the digital archives as well as search the archive.
The e-reader application has been tested with current versions of the most popular internet browsers, however, Apple operating systems can have compatibility issues with Adobe Flash. Clicking on the "Save to Desktop" (middle) icon in the upper right toolbar will bring up a page that has links for installing the Adobe AIR® runtime as well as the magazine with reader. There is also a link for downloading a PDF version of the magazine. To enhance your experience:
º Use full screen mode; hit F+11 or use far right toolbar icon
º Update to the latest version of your internet browser and Flash player.