Judging Center: PRJC
Award Number: 20174950
Award Date: March 30, 2017
Awarded As: Sudamerlycaste andreettae
At the Asociación Orquideológica de Cartago Show held on March 30, 2017 a cultivar of the species was granted a CHM/AOS (85 points) and was granted the clonal name ‘Memoria Domingo Ramirez’.
• Plant was exhibited as Sudamerlycaste peruviana . Franco Pupulin who was present at the show made preliminary determination as to id of the species and determined it was Sudamerlycaste andreettae.
• Award is being referred to SITF per the Handbook.
• Per WCSPF Natural Distribution: Venezuela to W. South America
Sudamerlycaste andreettae (Dodson) Archila, Revista Guatemal. 5(3): 78 (2002).
* Lycaste andreettae Dodson, Icon. Pl. Trop. 5: t. 443 (1982).
Ida andreettae (Dodson) Oakeley, Lycaste, Ida, Anguloa: 194 (2008).
* Basionym/Replaced Synonym
Description : Seventeen nodding flowers and one bud on eighteen inflorescences on a plant 30 cm wide and 20 cm tall pot with charcoal mix; six ovate, leafless pseudobulbs with 12 cm inflorescences emerging basally; sepals and petals light green; lip and column white; substance firm; texture waxy.
Measurements: See attached image.
• Images of the flowers and plant
• Screen shot of measurements
For Sudamerlycaste andreettae:
For Sudamerlycaste peruviana: