published August 28, 2014
Browse News Archive Here
Call for Nominations: Board of Trustees of the American Orchid Society
We are seeking nominations for members of the Board of Trustees of the American Orchid Society. Members may nominate any member in good standing, including themselves. All nominations will be evaluated by the Nominating Committee and a slate will be mailed, in accordance with the by-laws, prior to the election at the Members’ Meeting in the spring of 2015. The following competencies have been determined by the Board and Trustees and will be used in the evaluation:
All nominees shall be:
Expertise in the following is desirable and will weigh heavily in the evaluation:
- A member in good standing,
- Exhibit integrity and ethical behavior,
- Process strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Have board experience with a non-profit organization
- Finance, business, and/or investment strategies
- Non-profit governance
- Development/fund raising
- Legal background
- Strategic planning and implementation
Nominations should be submitted in writing by e-mail to email@example.com or to the — American Orchid Society at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables, FL 33156 and must include biographical information as well as a statement of the nominee’s qualifications. Nominations must be receieved no later than October 31, 2014.
- Attend monthly conference-call type meetings.
- Attend two face-to-face meetings annually (trustees must pay own travel expenses.).
- Trustees receive no compensation for their services.
- Financially support the organization in a manner commensurate with one’s ability, while seeking additional financial support elsewhere.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization and be ambassadors to the orchid community.